Last Updated: 18/12/2020
Thanks for using Poplar. We know you value your privacy, so we want to take a few moments to explain what information we collect from you and how we use it.
Poplar is a tool to create augmented reality experiences (“Poplar“) which is accessible via https://poplar.studio/ (our “Website“). We make augmented reality content creation simple, quick and affordable. Our augmented reality content creators (“Content Creators“) create engaging, interactive and immersive experiences (each, a “Brief“) for brands (“Brands“).
Since you might be reading this on a mobile device, we will keep it short and give you just a quick summary here. If you want more information, click “Tell me more” under each section.
- Who are we? We’re Poplar (“we“, “our” or “us“) and we’re a controller of the personal information collected through Poplar and our Website. Tell me more What information do we collect? We collect certain information that directly identifies you (such as your name and email address) when you enter your details when joining Poplar as a Content Creator or submit an enquiry as a representative of a Brand. If you are joining Poplar, we also ask for information relating to your work status and your experience and will ask if you are happy to share your telephone number and your location (at a city level).
- We also collect further information via our Website relating to your interactions with our Website and with Poplar (“Usage Information“). You can disable our collection of some of this information but doing this is likely to have an impact on your experience of accessing Poplar and using our Website. Tell me more
- Who do we share personal information with? If you are a Content Creator, we will display your name and experience, and your location (at a city level) if you choose to provide it, in a profile that is visible to all users of Poplar and the Website.
- We will also share your personal information with our third party service providers for the sole purpose of them providing their services to us. We have utilised appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Tell me more
- How long do we keep your personal information? We keep the personal information we collect from you as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Tell me more
- Where will your personal data be processed? We use international organisations to help us run Poplar and our Website so your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom. Where this happens, we will make sure that it is protected in accordance with European data protection standards or UK data protection standards (as applicable). Tell me more
- What are my rights? You can ask us to access, update and erase any personal information we hold about you. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Contact us using the details below if you wish to exercise any of these rights. You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority (such as the ICO in the UK, contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here) about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
That’s it for now. We hope we’ve answered your most burning questions. If you want to know more, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we update this Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.